Antoney joined the firm in early 2019 as Associate having previously worked at Nyabena Alfred & Co. Advocates. He has been involved in an array of legal matters including Employment and Labour Relations Laws, Constitutional and Human Rights related disputes, and election petitions among others. Antoney sub-specialty is in client advisory, litigation and dispute resolution in employment and labour relations matters. He represents corporate clients, unions and individual clients in all spectra of employment and labour relations matters including CBA negotiations and registrations, redundancies, and termination disputes. He has also been involved in training various professionals on employment law related matters under our sister firm, Training and Consulting Associates. He also has considerable experience and expertise in Judicial Review and Administrative Action and Constitutional and Human Rights related matters. He has successfully defended and represented clients in employment and labour relations disputes and constitutional and human rights related disputes.
Educational and professional qualifications
- Admitted, Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, 2019
- LLB, Moi University (2016)
Membership in professional associations:
- Law Society of Kenya.
- Associate: Munyao Muthama & Kashindi- May, 2019 to date.
- Associate Advocate, 2019, Nyabena Alfred & Co. Advocates
- Legal Assistant, 2016 – 2018, Nyabena Alfred & Co. Advocates
- Part of the team which represented a Magistrate in successfully challenging an unlawful and indefinite suspension without payment of salary.
- Part of the team that successfully defended a County Assembly in a claim that challenged the impeachment /removal of a County Executive Committee member for Finance.
- Successfully represented a Union of employees who had been unlawfully declared redundant and were awarded a decretal sum of Kshs. 1.54 Billion.
- Part of the team that has successfully conducted legal and governance compliance and regulatory audits for a number of leading corporates, parastatals and other government entities including the National Constructions Authority, Kenya Power and Lightning Company and the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority among others.
- Part of the team that took part in a project that studied the implementation of the Statutory Instruments Act, 2013 and provided recommendations. This was a project by the Law Society of Kenya undertaken by the firm of Munyao, Muthama & Kashindi Advocates.