Kevin joined the firm as a Pupil in 2016 having finished his Post Graduate Advocates Training Programme at Kenya School of Law. He has previously worked as a pupil at Zed Achoki and Company Advocates and at the Commission on Administrative Justice (Office of the Ombudsman) as a Legal Assistant under the then Chairperson Hon. Amollo Otiende. Kevin was admitted to the bar as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya in May 2017. His interest areas include litigation and dispute resolution, General Corporate and Commercial Law, Environmental and Planning Law, Insolvency Law, Intellectual Property Law, Land Law, Judicial Review & Arbitration.
Kevin is also the Legal Advisor to the Board of Swahilipot Hub, a vibrant Tech and Arts incubation Hub based in Mombasa. He offers general legal advice and specialized advice on ICT Law, Intellectual Property Law, Entertainment Law and Contracts Law.
Educational and professional qualifications
- Masters in Intellectual Property, Africa University, Mutare - Candidate
- Admitted as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya, 2017
- Post-graduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law, 2016
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) – University of Nairobi, 2014
Membership in professional associations
- Law Society of Kenya
- Mombasa Law Society
- East African Law Society
- Associate, Munyao Muthama & Kashindi, 2017 to date
- Legal Advisor to the Board; Swahilipot ICT Hub, 2016 to date
- Pupilage: Munyao Muthama & Kashindi, May 2016 – April 2017
- Pupilge: Zed Achoki & Company Advocates Jan 2016 – May 2016
- Legal Assistant: Commission on Administrative Justice, January 2014-December, 2014.
- Judicial attachment: Mombasa Law Courts, Aug 2012 – Dec 2012.
- “Chemical Weapons: Interrogating the Effectiveness of Existing Global Institutional and Legal Frameworks in Preventing Chemical Warfare.” University of Nairobi, LLB Dissertation.
- Successfully represented a leading bank in instituting Insolvency proceedings and appointing an administrator to oversee the management of a well-established grain milling company that had defaulted in substantial credit facilities.
- Part of the team that represented a leading bank in a transaction involving the takeover of banking facilities and acquisition of assets involving three leading banks and two grain milling companies valued at over Kshs. 3 billion.
- Recently acted for and successfully defended two clients in a suit in which the claimant, a well-established and leading international magazine company was claiming infringement of trademarks and copyrights.
- Part of the team that handled the preparation and perfection of securities for a leading bank valued at over Kshs 1billion in respect to a company dealing with commodities and successfully applied for extension of time to register the same securities.
- Currently representing an appellant in a highly contentious Appeal before the National Environmental Tribunal.
- Currently representing the County Government of Kwale in a highly complex and high net Land dispute before the Environment and Land Court at Mombasa.
- Successfully represented the Communications Authority of Kenya in a complex Judicial Review action seeking orders for CAK to compel a local radio station to air certain programming content.