Winnie joined the firm in May, 2019 as an Associate having previously worked at Sagana Biriq and Company Advocates. Her practice spans a wide range of matters, including corporate-commercial litigation, constitutional and human rights litigation, employment and labour relations law, legal compliance and audits. She has participated in litigation before various courts and is also actively involved in client advisory on employment disputes, statutory compliance, among others. Winnie is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya and is a member of the Law Society of Kenya.
Educational and professional qualifications
- Postgraduate Diploma in Tax Administration, Kenya School of Revenue Authority, 2019.
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, 2019.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law, 2018.
- LL. B (Hons) Moi University, 2016.
Membership in professional associations:
- Law Society of Kenya.
- Associate: Munyao Muthama & Kashindi- May, 2019 to date.
- Pupilage: Sagana Biriq and Company Advocates, January 2018 to April, 2019.
- Been involved in a wide range of civil, corporate commercial, labour relations, administrative and constitutional litigation both before the subordinate and superior courts.
- Part of the team that has successfully conducted legal, compliance and regulatory audits of a number of leading corporates, parastatals and other government entities who include the National Constructions Authority, Kenya Power and Lightning Company and the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority among others.
- Part of the team that successfully conducted regulatory impact assessment on various regulations for the Agriculture and Food Authority.
- Actively took part in a project regarding the Implementation of the Statutory Instruments Act, 2013 undertaken by the Law Society of Kenya.
- Advised on certain commercial aspects including regular review of contracts and advisory opinions one of the big four audit firms including use of electronic signatures and registration in Kenya, non-disclosure agreements and the implication of certain US Laws in Kenya among others.
- Advised various International Non-profit organisations on the wide spectrum of the application of the Non-Governmental Organizations Co-ordination Act, 1990 and the Public Benefit Organizations Act, 2013 and the status of foreign employees of these organizations with respect to payment of taxes on income.